Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Class Blog 11/18/08

12:06 - the human element. how are you?

12:08 - if gamespace is __ how does the critique work?

12:16 - Paragraph 23. bring back the human aspect back to the gamespace? Wark is critical of the digital in that there are only two choices - yes/no, 0/1...theres no room for maybe. Challenge the digital binary to get more from it. Digitization is the further establishment of stark choices. The largest problem w/ digitization is that fact.....no fluidity, no freedom to move between choices. We have to work on the gap betweent the 0 and the 1. Space within the binary.

1 comment:

Becky, Sam, Merel, James, Adrienne, Asa said...

I think it was about 12:20 when I started to get confused. "Digitization is the further establishment of stark choices." I guess I see where Wark is coming from but I just don't really understand how there is no fluidity or freedom to move between decisions. I have had a really hard time with this reading. I am not sure if it is because I am not into gaming or what not, but I am having a real hard time understanding his arguments.

Like the argument above and also the critique that in digital there is only a yes or no choice and no room for a maybe? Ah i don't know. I am confused.

Sam